Pages

Monday, August 2, 2021

3 days and 40 and the 290th draft post left-You

I think the 3 day time is actually accurate to a large degree, the 40 days I probably need to refine as it gets closer; although there is a Friday in there which is probably the day I am focused on.

I am excited and nervous about both deadlines.  I swam early (9) and included brushing the pool which looks fairly good, and it left me in a much less anxious mood.  Still lots to worry about, of course.  The tension will return, I bask in confidence for the moment.

It was unbelievably hot and no one is doing the right thing.  Biden refuses to go out of his way on covid, talk is cheap and cowardly to some extent.  (Want to accuse me of being guilty of not taking my own advice?) He can issue crazy executive orders if he wants to pull out of this thing which even if the unvaccinated started acting right today it would be over a month before the vaccines would take effect and anti mask wearing idiots like Kay Ivey (who at least says the right thing) and Desantos (who doesn't) seems to be on the side of the disease and not the human race, the economy or anything else.

Speaking of getting out of this area, I pointed out that I was considering locating to North Carolina or Virginia (for the patent work, don't get the big head); with a group that lines up mentorships in that area.  There's a registration process which I have not looked at.

I hope you are doing better with this than I am, not happy here.  So many things kept us apart, this one seemed to be going away.

A judge, a room, maybe a balloon and  the old book of Jewish fairy tales.  That was the recommendation for Biden's swearing in/inauguration from Bill Maier; the real one had the proper decorum for a pandemic if an insufficient one.

Morning.

I edited my pitch, pretty substantially today; but couldn't upload because the site was down for maintenance.  I'm assuming I can edit it until it is reviewed; unsure about that.  I should be doing another edit of that instead of writing to you, but the dawn is still some time off and I have a lot to do.

I was a little sick earlier, not a flu; more a digestive thing.  Maybe it was some old food or something too greasy or rich or perhaps the swimming or the heat.  Swimming before the sun was on the pool is a good thing, hard to keep up; but a definite win over trying to swim with the sun right over you or waiting till it goes down when the thunderstorms come.  Yesterday, the forecast was for storms today; but it seems very quiet inside and out.

It was good to loosen up after the hard rowing and weight workout yesterday.

I might have edited down that poem if I'd read it before I posted it.  I still haven't read it all the way. It's a pretty bad poem.  I may never read it or I may read it and then delete it.  Read it now, it is there for you today, but not tomorrow.

I think I will get to the pitch edit or perhaps the last chapters of the second edition which I can publish today with a little work and come back to this later; but in case things get away from me I will post it this morning while it is still dark and quiet and the promise of the new day is undiminished by what comes next.

1/25/14 (entitled "You") It's almost a Haiku.

Don't have to prove anything to me

No comments:

Post a Comment