Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2021

11/2/62

The storm is approaching even faster than the deadlines, appearing more or less out of nowhere a few days ago.  Now the cities of New Orleans and Baton Rouge are both facing what could be nothing or catastrophic damage in the ways of hurricanes although nothing is appeearing increasingly unlikely.
I redeemed by work today, getting  in a productive, blistering day from before the sun came up until long after the normal lunch hour, essentially getting to where I had hoped to get Friday.  I do not plan to let up, for the deep editing remains to be done, but I plan to finish a filable draft tomorrow if things do not get out of hand with the weather.
Now it is just gentle breezes and the sounds of wind chimes.

One storm is threatening the west coast, the other simultaneously the gulf.  That being said, it is a beautiful picture of the power of global warming and the western storm is predicted to bring much needed rain to the southwest, perhaps not as much as they would otherwise like and much all at once; but rain when you need it must be taken as it comes and not as you like it.  The gulf storm brings unnecessary rain and it will come very fast indeed.
The pool needs some water, I suppose it is very likely it will get it.
The storm somehow makes my thoughts of you more intense, memories of rain pouring down outside wide open french doors barely perceptible over our thoughts of each other but there nonetheless.
After the intellectual work, i did a long bike ride followed  by a weight workout and the ride back, uphill both ways, the sun came out for the ride back and the wind was in my face and i was dehydrated enough to break out some old gatorade.
I doubt i will have trouble getting to sleep despite the storm and the worries of what it will bring on Sunday.  My package delivery for today has been delayed, irritating, but not impossible to deal with.  I think i made a mistake in ordering and i am going to get a gold and not black case, but perhaps it is just as well.
11 days now, i put more detail into my packing list, looking at different things in the way of  clothing for colder weather.  It is rushing faster and faster, the time seems to be not enough, the days disappearing quicker than the work that needs to be done during them.  But I feel very good today after the work I did and while I know that the countdown days which start tomorrow (10, 9, 8...) will add more pressure, I feel comfortable that I can do what needs to be done.
I thought i bought a bag of dog food which was too big, but with 2 weeks it looks like it may just down to a more perfect size before I leave.  I need to start thinking of dog  packing, leashes, watering bowls, poop bags and the like.   It is  a dirty bit of business having to deal with a dog on the road.
I apparently have decided I am good with what i had filed already although there is still tomorrow and perhaps the morning to look at the remaining areas.  I have the LOI, I made a note and highlighted that it needed to be added because I think it is not.
I have, I think 100 pages and it is merely another 3 so it will likely fall within the framework that I have set for myself, much relieved that this can all be done at once and by the beginning of next week in rough form, far ahead of the deadline I set, even though within the countdown days.
Perhaps if I can't sleep, I will incorporate the LOI where it needs to go and perhaps i will run down the list and see if there is not a place for it to be added to the already long list, it being important in the area of saving mankind.
Of course, I am told it is already where it needs to be; but for my mistrusting nature.
Speaking of mistrusting nature, the volcano has been quiet on those times when I have looked at it today after much activity; perhaps it will come back, jealous of the storms or perhaps it will allow those to play out their part in today's dance.
Perhaps I will come back and edit this later, but I am mindful that my energy which is still high, may run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment