Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

the dream

I dreamed of you last night
I am not sure what it meant
you were there and gone
you were younger
but i was not
I'll try to remember
Knocking on your door
you answer and I go in
but we don't know each other
you agree to shelter me
why i asked and why you agree
there is no answer
in this place of dreams
I spend the night
but not the way lovers do
somehow sharing the same bed
without the passion
lost and alone in this strange place
your brother comes
and I tell you
i am not what i want to be
and i leave with nothing
not even the clothes I came in with
but i have a robe
who knows why
and i'm walking too far
in a dangerous place
to catch a plane to some place
that is impossible to reach
from where I have started
in the time that i have left
a bus comes by, the overlook bus
perhaps the clearest detail
is the bus name which doesn't matter
although it so happens
it is the wrong bus
going to a more dangerous place
and its a 1960's bus
as if we met not today
but 40 years ago
and how did I happen to have it
the dollar fifty for the bus fare
but my wallet has too much cash
for riding in a bus
and i keep wondering
what am i supposed to do
about that strange place
where i saw you in dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment