Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

what the united nations should be doing

We live in a time of great strife and suffering which is certain to get worse, at least for some.
We have so far outstripped the planet's ability to support our population we are nothing better than a mindless algae the chokes the stream on which we depend for our survival.
We spend our fortunes as countries to make bigger armies, but take no steps to build weapons to protect us from the dangers inherent in the process of development of space.  We have no defense against meteors, solar flares, or the inherent stupidity of the human race above the level of the individual.
So one item we should investigate is how can a people where the individuals are so intelligent be so incredibly stupid as a race. That is probably the most important question for anyone studying mankind today.  But it is not what the UN should do.
The UN should develop a set of principles based on short term, medium term and long term intelligence.  It should be the next referendum.  It should start with the member countries, asking them in a semi-vacuum to determine this set of worldwide goals for themselves and then the collection of ideas should be debated to see whether this perverse and short sighted group of monkeys can come up with a way to save themselves from the destruction that they are bringing on themselves, not just today in this stupid war or that one, but in the near term, the next 50 years, the next 500.
I know that I am not the one to put this forward, because I am too stupid to do anymore than notice how stupid the race is.  I cannot even make my own life worthwhile.  But if I must live emotionally impoverished, then I want to stand for something and that thing is to bring an intelligence to the world which it lacks.  It is what you should do unless you want to just live a live of debauchery, which I would gladly live if I could; but only because it would be with someone I loved and even then I would use that love to energize me further for this purpose.
Rise up and repeat this goal if you will and bring to bear the forces necessary to make those people who rule in such ignorance study a rule of short term, medium term and long term intelligence in every decision they make and come up with a plan for the UN based on that so I can attempt to not be so angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment