Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2021

A slow weekend and looking back at Replacing congress

I managed to get some exercise yesterday despite being too tired to do anything, riding my bike through the 100% humidity to the gym and back and surprising myself by doing full sets of weights before riding back.  The weather turned black and windy and cooler on the way back; but the threatening storm never came.  When I walked the dog, it had gotten hot again; and that was a little too much to do; but I took a vitamin and I feel ok now.

I haven't kept good track, but I suspect I've had 3 weeks of getting pretty significant exercise every day; perhaps with a day or two of just walking.   I can feel the wear and tear of it, trying to do lunges just to pick up stuff, not for exercise, proved pretty much impossible even though its not any exercise.  That's probably unfair, whatever exercise I'm getting there is not enough lunge type exercise, not enough stretching or yoga.  Quantity over quality leaning on swimming way too much in getting that record which doesn't take away the meaning but does limit the value of the statistic.

I haven't checked my weight in the morning in a while.    I ate well yesterday, two fairly good meals, no desserts as such (cheese and apples for dinner).  

I  haven't done any significant work this weekend.  If anything, I've had some ideas and forgotten to write them down in time.  This weekend I did not have a set "patent" I was working from.  The reason is that there have been so many different applications put together that a lot of control was lost over the process and there were two separate provisional patents supplementing the last utility patent.  Some attempt needs to be made to combine these while simultaneously pursuing grants on new applications.  The next round of grants is largely prepared and is one of those provisional filings in large part.  I'm waiting, presumably for up to 9 days, for the first edition drafts of the npte.  The book order is in North Caroline and it doesn't seem like it should take that long so I am hopeful.  I need not wait on this and one thing I've considered is putting together more atoms, perhaps the goal being at least one new atom drawing per day.  The problem is that once opened, it is as easy to do 5 in one day as 1 every day, perhaps easier all things considered.  
I also need to focus more on where the energy release occurs in terms of geometry and absorption of that.  So there is a lot to do in terms of searching for grants, applying for grants, putting together technical applications and filing for resulting intellectual property.

Bad people don't get to do what they want, except most of the time.  Or maybe who gets what they want varies randomly as it appears with everything else.
I do not claim to be a good person.  I have the same set of faults as anyone else.  Does that mean I am or am not a bad person?  I think the idea of good and bad is something personal.  Does it matter what I create, what I earn, who I take care of and who I hurt?  It is something we each decide within a framework which changes with a personal history and societal framework that changes as fast as anything.

Would you be surprised to know how much time I still spend on what I want on the fantasy of buying my way out of things; of buying the little things in life for you.  I don't think it does; despite the anger.  

I noticed that for 10 hours last night the temperature remained at 77 degrees.  That was pretty weird.  What conditions leave the temperature at one place throughout the night, I don't know but it was interesting to see.

The one last item is the now 22 day countdown to the Fema deadline and while that may not result in anything of consequence, and while it may not even happen within the 22 days which follow; it could happen earlier at any one of those days; beginning or ending the next steps in that process. If it doesn't make a significant change, it will open up another front of concern; where is the next big change?  The F-OIA will not change the slow and inexorable growth of the technology and the potential there; but it is hard to have the focus of future change be on only one thing, one difficult and finicky thing; and the idea of finding something in the law, the easy place to look, would be a step backwards.  There are many places to look; a search that never stops, but none as fast or as likely as this will be if it works out.

So there is a lot to do, a lot going on, quite a bit to think about.
The historical post of the day is something that is pretty mundane, but as relevant today as it was on the day it was written.  Something that was written, perhaps, just to get it off of my mind, almost 8 years ago.

10/13/13 Changing congress will go a long way to repairing the problems that the current administration (and the 5 or 10 before) have caused.  it will take that long

No comments:

Post a Comment