Pages

Friday, July 23, 2021

11-12 days and counting Last words

I intentionally skipped day 13.  Day 12 came follows, then Day 11.
 A day without sunshine, it rained yesterday.  And it rained and it rained.
What I haven't done is as significant as what I have done.
I'm hoping my mood is not as dark as it was.
I did a short workout (800 im after a short workout) after the walk; under a mile but it cooled me off.  I was hoping to hear more, but I was met with silence which did not surprise me or disappoint me.

Day 11

I wasn't able to get to this yesterday.
After the walk I swam again.  Didn't feel like it, didn't want to do it, but I was hot and sweaty again so I did it and managed to do a mile with the full 1000 im which I needed in the end to sleep.
Yesterday I was told that much of my problem was a lack of funding for projects like mine at the Air Force.  I spent a lot of time on the Air Force funding over the last month.  Of course no work is a total loss; but it was disappointing to find out that this BAA went out without adequate funding.  I am working hard and next week will be critical even as I continue to finish the AF outreach.

I did not eat much yesterday, could not get any appetite up.  To the extent it can be considered a benefit; I ended up slightly under my initial target weight this morning.  It's almost 7 and I'm finishing my coffee, needed to get to work.

This post has some of my worst poetry; but it does say something about how 2014 started off.  That was 7.5 years ago!

1/5/14
I read your last words everyday
So I will remember them
In case you ever forget them
I can remind you of what we shared
And what you thought of it

I hope you found someone
who loves you half as much as me
because then you'll understand
half of what is missing
and all of what you could have had

I would hope that you would think
you could think you found a love
as deep and true as mine
for then you can at least believe
that you have what we once shared

No comments:

Post a Comment