Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2021

18 days and countinng-

it should be 17 days.
I am pretty certain that in the NPTE first edition says in the introduction it will quickly be replaced.  If it doesn't get stolen the first edition proofs will come in this weekend and i will edit from an actual copy.  I have been working hard already on the second edition, the first one with the right name.  
Silly enough the first mistake is element instead of elements in the title.  You should order a copy in case the first edition means more than the corrected edition.

Iron seems to be right which is nice, and the insights it provides is special.

There are interesting errors and insights.
Iron continues to be one of the places where there are insights and questions.  At first an error seems to disrupt everything and then it sharply brings everything into focus.  A little funding would have eliminated that kind of error, but perhaps the second edition will be better for this.
I have the proof now, so it survived the so-called porch pilots.  Not that it would have been worth stealing.

The work with the grants is continuing; but it is difficult.  I have a better model, perhaps; and I think I am halfway through, perhaps a little more than halfway.
If the vision is not sinking in; I will be patient.  I am not waiting so much as I am growing.

Yesterday, I had bad acid reflux, something uncommon for me, that sent me into coughing para...what is the word?  I will have to look it up and come back.  Paroxysm?   That is close, but not right.
Yesterday morning I did two sets of weights and soon I will go for a short swim.  An abbreviated workout for an abbreviated weekend.

Last night I slept better; my stomach untroubled, perhaps the quiet that accompanies a break for the weekend.  I think I am losing days.  It does not matter.  I was not expecting any good news yesterday and will be happy if there is no news at all over the weekend.

Next week a lot more will happen and them more still the following week.  Whether anything good or bad comes out of it remains to be seen.  Critical things surround me.

It is early.  I am outside having eaten a meager breakfast with coffee heated from yesterday.  There is a thunderstorm with a top I would guess is at 30,000 feet just turning pink from the sun which has not risen otherwise..  Lower clouds are  the dark grey that comes before the morning light hits them, soon enough they will turn red, just as the red is beginning to move down the one pink topped cloud even as I write this, a type of clock for the restless.
The reheated coffee seems to have lost its caffeine, boiled off by my exhaustion or some trick of sitting overnight.

Here is all that came from what November 15, 2013, but it had this absurd title: math science and engineering, how to engage people-tie the future to it-World War C
http://on.aol.com/show/the-future-starts-here-517951318/episode/517965313?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl12%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D391794


No comments:

Post a Comment