Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Last night I wrote this and published that

It's not that I'm not trying. It's just that it's not working. How much do I have to walk away from?  It's not that there is anything here It's just the way I am.
But its not the way that I am.  It's the way I've been, I am what I do.  So maybe it is the way I am, but not the way I want to be.

I've said other things, none of them sink in.  It's no use waiting, but things are changing and some of that change is here already.

The corn, for example, is in season; global warming appears here to stay for a while at least one of those things may accelerate the inevitable future and today is the 30 day (as compared to the 60 day one coming next month) first date for hearing about one particularly promising change which could go either way.  The mystery of the future.  There is more that I'll cover later

My weight has stabilized under 175, albeit 173; all my clothes fit comfortably including a swimsuit which may have been too small.  I'm not sure if it will stay stable, because I'm paying less attention to exercise and diet although I've apparently done enough right on both.
My back is "back to normal" but I'm still not doing my back exercises like I should.  I'm still up at 5 a.m.; strangely today I fell asleep for an hour in the afternoon; perhaps partially the result of an 8 mile bike ride in intense heat and humidity with a weight workout sandwiched in the middle.  I feel fine now.

Today I published the first edition of the Neutron Periodic Table of the Elements.  It's an expensive and in some ways still rough book but its going to be a short term offering, a rare first edition and it is the zenith of a year's worth of work.  I rushed it to publication, only pausing slightly to do some legal work; but I wanted something that I could work from to edit and republish and for meetings that are coming up.

I already regret some of the language that creeped into it reflecting my bad mood, but you're more to blame for that than me so be it.

 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098H2171H?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860



No comments:

Post a Comment