Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

disappointment

I know you're disappointed
that there were no zombies
in my last poem to you

i know how dear you hold them
though we never talk about them
me to you or you to me

and what a tease I am
to lead about zombies
and not an undead to be found

what type of lover
would leave you hanging
eyes wandering aimlessly

better i be a piller or fool,
a sucker, or a tool
than a tease for your love

but how else do i reach you
catch your interest
if not through what you love

alas were it me you love
if i could only be that corpse
you're looking for

but i am flesh and bone
and beating heart
passion and warm kisses

and the only hands you seek
are those cold and lifeless
that i can never be

for you bring out the life in me
and i long for your brains
for companionship, not nourishment

but i hate to disappoint you
as i always seem to do
because my love is not enough for you

No comments:

Post a Comment