Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

words and music-A strange speech on the Einstein Hologram Universe

So, sometime between December 4-8 I get to present the Einstein Hologram Universe complements of Wordsandmusic.org New Orleans, Louisiana
They came up with the clever title; The Moral Implications of the Time-Space Continuum: Which I readily accepted with enthusiasm and the tag line:
The only reason for time is so everything doesn’t happen at once.
—Albert Einstein


The only problem is that I could lecture for a week on this topic and I'll only have a short 30 minute window to touch on a very narrow portion of a very complex and far reaching conceptual issue.  Still, it will be fun.  I seem doomed to be the comic relief at every presentation of ideas; but I can't say that bothers me this late in life, I'm getting used to the universe's perversions when it comes to my life.
My own comic touch will be to suggest that it is like going to hear a lecture from Newton on the theory of gravity, but that sounds a bit conceited.  Perhaps it would be more applicable to say it is like getting a lecture from the worm in the apple that fell on his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment