Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

book reviews and how to live life

I have not read the book; but I am intrigued.  I am not giving a thumbs up to the book I haven't read, but to the critic's article which convinced me to read the book
An Instant Cure for Negativity http://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/an-instant-cure-for-negativity.html?cid=sf01001
You have to decide when to move on.
Some of us, never want to move on.,
but even we still need to decide when.
Some of us chose never
We stay in one place
getting more and more confused
as reality doesn't bend to what we think we need.
How wrong is it to chose not to move on.
How wrong to cling to your beliefs and convictions
you might be justified to go to your death
holding onto nothing more substantial than values
What is so different
about holding onto an emotional attachment
what is wrong
about holding love if you can die for something
equally amorphous, even logically disputed
patriotism or even righteous vengence
what is wrong from your perspective
even distance seems to move us closer
people can die for each other, for glory, country
their broken hearts can kill them
regret could kill me
I can chose what kills me
or it can chose for me
it is a worthwhile belief
to me no other

No comments:

Post a Comment