Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

nlt vs dante 5

I swam 3300 yards today, I'm sort of numb, but not numb enough.  I'll have to explain that in a separate post but in 3 days, I've swam 7,000 yards with a workout in the middle in the absurd heat of this time of year.  How on earth did people ever decide to settle in places like this?
I saw people during my swim in the steam room and I wanted to ask, "what's wrong, did they turn the outside off?"
Under EHT there is a saving grace in the universe, however in NLT such salvation may not exist.
In a universe where everything happens at once, where everything is concentrated at once, where all the pain, all the guilt and all the mistakes happen at once, there is all the love you have been given; but more important all the love you have given.  This sounds like philosophy to you, it sounds like something that a philosopher and not a mathematician would believe; and yet it is inherent in what Einstein said.  I don't like it any more than you do.  But it means that my destiny and yours is out there somewhere.  No matter where you are today or where you are tomorrow there has to be something to look forward to, something to be grateful for.  How many things should we be grateful and one of those things each other or at least someone else.  I don't know if it is about love, certainly avoiding love would be less painful.  And  life can be about nothing. And life can be about something.
Perhaps in the end, it is not so much about how you are loved in the end but how much you love.
Here is that short poem, that you can skip or read at your peril, or perhaps at mine.
fickle love
how long are you staying?
surely there must be
some timetable
that governs your travel
some place you have to be
an occasion that calls for you
how long will you dig 
your sharpened fangs 
into my soft heart?
isn't it enough
that you already
 hurt me so deeply
found places inside me
I didn't know existed
replaced my hunger
with a churning nausea
I was always hungry
before you decided
to remain behind
to confuse my thoughts
forgetful distracted things
you took advantage 
of my fondness for life
and when the target
of my affectionate arrow
left me standing 
unstrung in a dark rain
you stayed behind with me
instead of accompanying
the angry one who left me
with only a shadow
fading memories
of playful kisses
and passionate nights
better i should have been
left by you also
but you've made a nest
spun a web in my mind
where you crawl forth
to disturb my sleep
the lights go out
and you lay down beside me
daring me to close my eyes
so you can whisper to me
telling me what is lost
reminding me of the voice
that sweetened the sounds
of birds, of music, of wind
describing the face
with a clarity better
than even the eye captured
what i will never again see
when the sun comes up
welcoming you and i
I sleepless, red eyed
you undiminished

No comments:

Post a Comment