Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 21 and Nostradamus

Today is the 21rst day without coffee or any other caffeine if you exclude the 1% in the decafinated tea I'm drinking or that which makes its way into every day foods by the artifice of processing.  It also happens to be Ash Wednesday, I think.  It dawned cold and clear.
I had two easy days this week in terms of the work I "had" to do and that is  behind me now.  I have several projects that await my attention, all of them lengthy.
The next 7 days are the most crucial in terms of pacing myself because they will lay the groundwork for what happens in the next five.  At least for today, that all seems to be moving forward according to plan.
I don't have a writing schedule set up.  I have a long list of writing projects that continue to grow, not the least of which is my self help book which is the most meaningless one and the shortest and hence probably the first that will get done.
  I'm going to have to take writing as it comes along the next 7 days, dealing with the so called emergencies first, the work I have to do second and writing if possible.
It occurs to me that in NLC, there are no emergencies.  Everything happens according to its allotted time and we assign values to it based only on our experiences with linearity.  Equanimity in the face of what appears to be disaster should be relatively easy even if it isn't.
I was also thinking that exact prognostication is impossible.  Perhaps that is why Nostradamus wrote in riddles.  Had he been too precise, his work could not be published.  If we were able, for example, to predict with accuracy that we would get up on one side of the bed, then we'd merely need to get up on the other in order to disprove predestination.  In this way, we only have enough information to get approximate, or statistical chances of an event.  Statistically, I get up on the south-west side of the bed, but on any given day I could move in any direction given the right set of factors. It isn't true choice, but it seems to be.  The work I do today will be chosen, so for all practical reasons choice does exist.
Three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment