Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

How to start a blank day

I'm starting a self help book.  I have the idea all worked out in my mind and when I jotted it down it seemed to work in its own quirky way.

The idea is to see if it works, if it helps me through my days and if it does, well and good.  If it doesn't then it doesn't.  I will not bore you with the details as there are few details.  It came to me in a dream and I'm sure it follows the pattern of all other poorly researched self books that are ineffective because they have no expertise about them.

I've never found a self help book I could read, so I designed one that needed little or no reading.

I started it because today, with everything that I have to do my mind was a total blank page.  Luckily, I had the idea for the book yesterday, made some notes and now I am on my way.  One page finished.  Lightening in a bottle.

I think a big part of the self help book has to do with needing a mindless project to go with all the other projects we have to improve or at least express ourselves.

I do some of the things a self help person should do already, the "easy" ones for me.  I play music, but not enough, I exercise, probably enough most times.  I don't control my own destiny and if I ever do confront my fears, it is too indirectly and without getting to the core of the problem, without pulling myself out from under my preconceived notions of what I should be doing.

That is how you start a blank day.

No comments:

Post a Comment