Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

my road to virtue and back 11

When I started reading Chopra's book, listening to it actually, "the soul of leadership" I thought I was actually looking more at leadership than at the soul.  At first, the thick Indian accent made me feel like I was making a mistake.  As I've "forced" myself to listen further, however, I realize that if I'm to get anything from this, I must be willing to listen to his philosophy that spiritualism and leadership have common origins.  He is gracious enough not to force religion on the listener, although the level of spiritualilty is inconsistent with a purely logical approach.

The first lesson is in being mindful of surroundings of different levels of mindfulness, both conscious and the uncounscious mindfulness of this "soul" that makes it into the title of his book, the former leading to the consciousness of the later.

It also has to do with not judging results, accepting them as part of surroundings and not a series of victories and defeats.

If asked about Non-linearity, I would say it provides for a religious foundation without mandating it.  It allows for various forms of a god without discovering a god that extends past a logical explanation.  For that reason, I feel I can go on.

Perhaps if it is a good enough lesson, I will find myself in the high desert mountains with you, as I so often picture, but instead of with backpacking equipment I will be wearing nothing but a lungi (look it up) although I think I may be more of a dhoti man.

But Chopra appears to have almost western goals in mind.  He talks at once about national leadership but then he talks about obtaining venture capital and running a business.  If I can allow him his "soul" then perhaps whatever surrounds it may be profitable from a spiritual standpoint or perhaps the practical aspects will be dominant.

For now, I am looking a the room and taking it in.  Taking in the past and the present and seeing what my soul will do with it.

And apparently we place roadblocks between ourselves and our souls.  As I go forward, I will learn what these roadblocks are and see if I can tear them down, but I haven't gotten to that yet, other than knowing if I look and listen to what is around me, to what is said, the environment where it is said, then my soul can hear it if I don't put judgement in its way.  But I am not a whole cd in yet so there must be something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment