Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

a perspective on coffee cups

I am alone today which is nice.
I have my big project which I can't expect to finish in one day ahead of me, so I'm not sure whether I'll go to my community service or not.  While I have till the 7th of next month, I want to have at least a version of it ready to go by Monday.  Community service shouldn't suffer, I suppose, but I suspect someone will cover for me and last weekend I brought donuts, so there should be enough good will stored up in empty calories to satisfy everyone.
I'm savoring my small cup of coffee with its picture of a farm in winter, in the background a hill with evergreens, the farm buildings red and separated by a fresh deep snow that speaks to a certain loneliness, but it is a place where one can imagine, the chimneys not yet smoking, that two people are in bed together, clinging to each other for warmth.  At some point in time, they will be the first to wake up on this farm and they will make coffee and drink very small portions from small porcelain cups as the kindling begins to start the winter dried logs burning, warming them before breakfast and putting on snow shoes or cross country skis and going to woods to see what else the snow has brought.
For a long time, I joined the throngs, in my new found comfort, wealth is the wrong word and is fleetingly given under any circumstance, who took huge cups of coffee that obliterated the morning with their caffeine jolts.  I think I would be happier talking to you about finding a place where we could live the scene on our cups as we drank out small portions of coffee, sleep deprived, bed tousled, content in a moment that a small cup could hold forever, if we only knew how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNQdfHU7Vws

No comments:

Post a Comment