Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

launching ships

It may be the weather
that makes me think about you
both forces of nature
you who has the face
of Helen of Troy
such inner strength
I have tried so very hard
to turn my heart away
but it claws me
from the inside
to tear its way out
as if it thinks
it could reach you
without me
that it could sing
the songs written to you
or recite the poetry
that you inspired
or to teach the physics
that I stole from you
and your friend Parmenides
but you were newton's orchard
you who embody love
of so many lost lives
like so many nights
today I drink my coffee
from my one little cup
late yesterday I swam
as I moved through the water
i watched the tropical system
taking the sky in curves
bringing who knows what havoc
to wreck whatever is left
after you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

No comments:

Post a Comment