Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

True to the first, true to the last

Are you are real thing or just an illusion to me.
Is that too much to ask?
Of all the questions
was it just my feelings
what were yours
why does it have to be all or nothing
You may not owe me anything in reality
but indirectly there is a debt there
didn't you, whether by accident or on purpose
ruin every relationship that I ever had
And you would know as well as me
that many of those were very good
and not because of me
only because of those with whom
i shared my life for a while
or perhaps my bed
I'm afraid I bring very little
Like a monster I draw my life
from those around me
it's not on purpose,
it like what you did, but there it is
didn't i draw the most power from you
my repayment for when you reached down to me
and saved me from drowning
wasn't it to pull you under
as I clawed my own way to the surface
for one last coughing, gagging breath
was it really worth it to take you with me
if only you'd learned the right way
to save a drowning man
you have to pretend to let him pull you down
till he releases you
and you can swim to the surface
with or without him
but for me it feels different
I think my feelings are far too strong
whether real or false to save us both
so perhaps it has to be
what you have said
what it seems that everyone has always said
why is it that way with me
all or nothing, and always nothing
if I cannot do what I want to do
what did all that means
and if not that
can't you answer the one question
was it real or just my imagination
just me or you too
the question I'm always left asking
always left unanswered
if it all seems real to me
but if I'm right and it is real
afterwards why can't we be friends

Seriously, I just heard that song today in a store
the rest of the post is just a set up for using the song
true, it is, but its still just a set up
however well it seems to fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Zk90TygnE

No comments:

Post a Comment