Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

the intelligence of a dog

I went for a long walk.tonight
it was cooler, warm but with a crispness in the air
I didn't swim tonight
I won't know when to sleep tonight
I have done a pretty bad job of being alive
Even though I've done something no one else has done
Several things really
But life is a constant task, not a thing of occasional flares
when I am finished with my physics
and many years from now they are discussing it
I want them to look at it as a love letter
and not a theory of physics
I wonder which would matter more
I was badly reminded of the walks of time past
of love and betrayay of love of the consequences of both
and I saw the dog waiting for me
after the walk before it ate for me to prepare my food
the dumb obediance of the animal
and I thought of my own dumb obediance
and I realized that I had the intelligence of a dog
I had heard an advertisment today that took a line from a movie
and had it read by a different actor about the two rats that fell in cream
the one that drowned and the other that struggled until
it turned the cream into butter and climbed out
it's a great line from catch me if you can
And I survived the fall myself
I know that I know how to fight
I fought till I was able to climb out
And yet I have the intelligence of a dog.



No comments:

Post a Comment