Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

disappointing posts and pending work

I noted that I have 171 posts that need to be edited right now and perhaps 200 pages of the third edition to edit.  I had a writing set back recently which I was neither expecting, nor particularly concerned about but it had a deeper impact that I suspected it would.
Today I finished the second large time sensitive project that waited for me.  That leaves one more which, thanks to a mostly working weekend (and staying out of the rain) I have made a substantial start on.  I dare say that I could finish it tomorrow if I work effectively and I plan to work on it some this evening.  I took off early today and swam under a threatening sky, but low I had been in the chilly water and under the chilly sky but for a short time when the clouds suddenly disappeared, the sun came out and I enjoyed a wonderful, coldly refreshing nearly 3000 yard swim.  It compared well to the damp morning, for I woke at 5:00 am and, distraught over the way things were going could not recapture sleep, so I dutifully took the dog walking.  It was interesting because as 5:30 rolled around there were sorts of life in the pre-morning drizzle.  Bike riders who could only race on the pre-dawn empty streets, a jogger seen at a distance, one lone person and two together who seemed to be under-dressed for a walk to the gym.  And on the golf course, were three sets of cart lights where maintenance before the dawn was occurring.  I was able to avoid 2 altogether, the third past close enough for the driver to give a not-unpleasant acknowledgement, he was on the phone or radio at the same time.  My shoes were wet and I was covered with a mist and sweat and hot before I got back, too melancholy to be tired.
After the hard day, the cold water initially a shock was refreshing
And I worked hard, disposed of another project, had lunch with a friend, did all the minor things that I needed to do before what will be a long day tomorrow.  But where was I...
These posts have to be pretty disappointing. Perhaps if things go well, I will be able to get back to physics over the weekend.  That's my current plan, but it means finishing the last big project over the next two days and even then trying to put a huge amount of past work into perspective and to tackle the issue of perpetual motion (not) in a circular universe of the type described by the spiral model of NLC (the trick is that NLC is stationary so there is no motion, lol) will take some doing and perhaps most of the weekend will be engaged in just getting ready for the next posts.
I thought you'd like the coffee cup post more.  I thought it was one of my better posts.  It wasn't earth shattering or inventive or in further pursuit of my fiction, but it was from the heart and to you.  Perhaps it wasn't as good as I thought it was, my work rarely is.
In point of fact, I think I could have done a better job on the project I got out today, but who can't do something better than the did.  And it truth I believe I did what needed to be done and more.  If I'm right, then it will succeed despite its inadequacies.  If I'm wrong, then perhaps the additional work would have made no difference.  It is gone, what happens next will take care of itself.  I made an unusual proposal when it was done because of the cost, but it is more than I'll say here, because it speaks to something about me that I cannot understand.  I am, myself, a chipped cup.
So, on to the third project, there are only a few days left for it, but perhaps this evening and tomorrow will do for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment