Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

China, Bric, Russia and country national bankruptcy

Sometimes I feel so alone
even though I've been
around so many people today
Saturday mornings I give back
My habitat for theater work
Sometime building
today, ironically, tearing down
it was my first workshop
for such a very long time
and it was nice to see everyone
and to be able to be the doughnut guy
but it brought back so many memories
that i cannot live with
but that is another story
and that is another sadness
and today i mourn for my country
which doesn't think I am smart enough
or perhaps not educated enough
to solve all of its problems
or even see what they are
and it will probably see me the same
when it comes to undressing space time
and i laugh and i cry
for i have already done both
and perhaps done neither
but that is not the source
or the reason for my disquiet
it is the donuts and memories
sugar coated and sweet
killing me slowly
even as i try to hold on to them
to precious to forget
to painful to digest



So, the issues related to China's weaponized economy have been put on the back burner.  However, I continue to have the importance of this thrown at me in ways that are often quite surprising.
One issue has to do with the despoliation of our environment, the oceans in particular.  This issue I've ignored till now and I am somewhat embarrassed about it missing something so important.  Closely related is the problem of foreign species being introduced into the US eco-system by increases in human traffic.
Hence, while some time in this entry will be spent discussing the debt problems associated with the export of manufacturing, particularly as they are manifested in Detroit, I want to spend a little time on the objects that are significant not only to the US but also to China, what has previously been called the "Silent Spring" phenomena associated with the shipment of massive quantities of product from China to the USA.

But I also am watching the reserve currency move from the United States overseas, my ability to affect it; at least to understand it has been crippled.  Still the signs are all there, the coming economic apocalypse and all that it entails, yet I am gladdened because all, or perhaps almost all of those countries that once were the source of reserve currency continue to be a part of the world, and some of them are even relevant; so perhaps I'll stick with my work, despite the lack of recognition and maybe I'll look smarter next year.

11 Countries Near Bankruptcy: 24/7 Wall St. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/02/countries-near-bankruptcy_n_5644368.html?ir=Business&utm_hp_ref=business

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-02/u-s-companies-say-china-subjectively-enforcing-laws.html

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Detroit-s-historic-bankruptcy-trial-to-begin-5727430.php

No comments:

Post a Comment