Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The purpose and the song

2500 yards swimming tonight.  Not my normal workout, but it was cool tonight and I had to walk that stupid dog.  The lifeguards were good enough to let me do my warm down after everyone had left and even turned the lights off so I could swim in the near darkness which is a relief to my eyes.
So what is Non-linear time theory, have you figured out the riddle yet?  And it is a riddle, albeit a very long, drawn out riddle.
I don't write this to post my entire life online which is what you would like to think
my life is a little more complicated than this.
I don't ask anyone to read this blog, although it would be nice if somebody would buy a copy or two of my latest book and possibly read it.  And it is gratifying that someone reads this blog.
The next thing I'm planning, which should happen pretty quickly, is to publish the Zeno-Socrates Dialogs which seems to be a popular short story.  Why don't those of you who seem so anxious to read it, just wait and buy it when I publish it?  Don't worry, I won't take anything down.  I learned the value of leaving the blog in place when I found that series of posts which were the subject of the "flash of genius" post some few days back.
I do expect to finish the things I have started, maybe even you.  But no, I can't think about that.
Somewhere out there is a purpose, unless all of this is meaningless, in which case the sociopaths win. If this is not my entire life, it is not the important part.
I realize now why the book will not sell to those of you who read this blog.  It isn't because you have read most of it here already.  No, you are waiting to buy it till after I post myself singing that darned song.  What a mistake that was.  I should have posted it and then threatened to take it down if you didn't buy enough copies.  Ah well, what's done is done.  Soon enough, soon enough.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NT8JWQS

No comments:

Post a Comment