Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

NLT Bah and humbug to higgs bosons and holograms

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/08/28/physicists-to-find-out-if-we-are-living-in-a-hologram/20954066/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl22%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D521993
I will publish next week and there will yet be a surprise or two for you, loyal reader, or disloyal reader.
What a humbug. What a bunch of hooey.  I wonder if this is how Parminides felt, or Newton or Einstein?  As if they had not rediscovered something, but as if they had figured everything out.
No, it wouldn't be Einstein or Newton.  Perhaps more like Einstein, because of his sense of predestination, but his theories left room for human thought as an independent thing.  He saw himself as a thinker and not just some vessel from which time would play its tricks on some apes whose life span was too short for them to matter.
Perhaps like Parminides then, the one who saw between the spaces that we live in.
LIke Einstein, I will provide the springboard to extend that lifespan, but it will come at a price.   The price is the meaninglessness of the existence of so many because they are too stupid to put aside their personal prejudices in favor of what is offered, a type of freedom greater than anything they knew before.  But not like Einstein, for he had the secret of the Wizard of Oz, and no one will recognize what I pull from my bag.

It will be worse for me.  Parminides and Newton were given a pass because the disciplines where they were experts were not invented.
Not so with me.  I am scorned.  And why?  Because my invention, my insight is any less than theirs?  Indeed not.  I have unified the fields, what Einstein died trying to do.  I have gone deeper into the physic of the universe than anyone before me.  I have explained what has been searched for in vain, and have given equation to that which was seen but unexplained.
I have given a type of hope to mankind, while taking all hope away.  I have traversed far before the big bang, have determined the source of your gods, have stripped them naked to some extent, and given you gods more powerful than your ancestors and oppressing religious leaders ever imagined, I have given you life after death and striped even your death of any meaning.
But I will be ignored first by the physicist, then by their example, by everyone else.  I will be the subject of ridicule like the economist, who will point at my wisdom, at my solutions and insights and will say, "there lies a layman.  He has done nothing for us.  We knew this all along, we were merely too private to say as much.  We will give him no grant, not acknowledgement, no prize money, no recognition.  We will ignore him because he is not one of us, for all his education, for his physics classes, his advanced calculus, his years of self study, his maturity, his brilliance, we will call that nothing, because he lacks the paper that we hold, he has not wasted the time we have wasted, we cannot admit he has bested us, so we will best him with oblivion."
And them, with all of their super colliders, their advanced degrees, their governments and brilliant co-workers, with all their "money"; rubbing their high tech sticks together, seeing what they want in the smoke, while missing the flame.  I scoff at you, I ridicule you.  You have wasted your time.  It is I who have solved the puzzle, I who have taken the next step, explained your unknowns, unified your forces. That was me.
And yet, I was nothing, the greek gave it to me.  Yes, you who share my special hell with me, the one of my own making .  It was you who proved I could manipulate the stream of time, You made me believe that I was somehow special, but it was not me, was it VT, it was you.  The muse.  I am but a man, as incapable of self direction as the rest of the drones with all their excesses and prejudices against me.  Their contempt is aimed in the wrong way, for am I not nothing, isn't that what you taught me?  That unless I seize control, I am less than nothing, and only in that abandonment and pain is the truth evident.  I am nothing, the blind man, the mad prophet.
Bah I say, bah to you, bah to the physicists.  Bah even to me.  All but my relative handful of readers are but a humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment