Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

NLT 2nd edition updates on Zeno-socrates dialogs pitch

I finished the edits for publication of the Zeno-Socrates dialogs.  It's hard to imagine why no one complains about all the typos.  Its 37 pages long in book form.  I'm thinking about adding a chapter explaining why Socrates has come to Elia to study with Zeno by way a chance meeting with Mercurios a friend from Athens.  I have to admit the story has its moments, although I think another edit or two might be in order.  "Fancy meeting you here, Socrates.  I heard you had some sort of dust up in Athens?"  "Just a misunderstanding among friends."  "Truly, I heard someone saying you were involved in something they were calling a ziggurat scheme?" "Really?  I have no idea how these rumors get started.  I came here for the ocean breezes and to study philosophy.  You should come with me."  "Oh I would love to, but I'm going back to Athens."  "Oh, you do get around"  Thinking, "Would you consider carrying a message and some scrolls for me?"  Something like that.
My concept for the teaser line is:
Zeno and Parmenides are two older, well known philosophers, living quietly in Elia in ancient Greece whose work is so ground breaking their names and some of their work will survive for 2500 years.  Hilarity ensues when a young Socrates causes their work to be published and everyone is arrested for sedition against the gods.  A rip roaring, laugh filled trial in ancient Athens to see which form of death the trio may face seems to be inevitable.
So what do you think?  No one ever comments on anything here, so who knows what you think.
I expect for all of you who have read it on this blog to log onto Amazon and write glowing reports of the story when it is published (probably next week).  Especially you Eurasians should already be posting glowing posts about Non-linear time theory as the new relativity.  I made a dedication to my loyal fans in the Ukraine in the copy of ZSD to be published.
I'm thinking about adding the Whale lawyer (then it will be a collection of short stories) which would make it large enough to have a regular binder.

And how about Non Linear Time?
While Non Linear time suggest that anti-gravity is unlikely, I happen to be your best bet for building a floating car, faster than light time travel and freezing things in a suspended state.
I'm considering changing my allegiance and selling my development of the ideas to the highest bidder and I can tell you that I'm not too impressed with the reactions so far from the European or US Physical societies.  They wouldn't recognize the next Parmenides if he came up and kicked them in the organizational crotch.
So I'm expecting to see some proposals in response to this.  I'll relocate if the right deal is put forward, but I won't abandon my sarcasm.  In case you don't think you can handle the freight, my main ideas have to do with developing technical methods for investigation of temporary higher and lower concentration states and working on the concept of negative dimensional characteristics of force and conservation of clock time change along with solutions of such things as the field equation and irrational number (yes irrational numbers should be capable of solution under Non-linear time theory) in order to approach those practical items, however unlikely that appears as a result based on my initial inquiries.  I am sure the second edition of NLT will be full of surprises as will this blog.
I have some very complicated things I would like to write, but I swam 3200 yards tonight and walked that stupid dog and it's hard to concentrate.  My eyes are also killing me which is like when your eyes bother you but worse.
I thought about making things right and the concept seemed to boil down to either lying about how I feel or being more honest both of which might lead to the same place.  In the end, I decided with all of my flaws, my constancy is worth more than some made up disposition.  We must concentrate on the good things in our lives if we know the good and bad will both exist into some version of eternity, even as I wind things up in this go round.


No comments:

Post a Comment