Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

someting normal

I am cold tonight
I cover my body with thick blankets
but there is no relief
My stomach recoils from what i ate
Unwilling to rest if I cannot
I look out from bleak windows
sometimes I see rolling hills
covered with tall, green trees
and sometimes i see a flat, bleak land
filled with ruined foundations
ending in a short beach and the restless sea
I look at the obligations that i have
those I expect to meet and those I don't
and try to find something normal
if you look hard enough it's missing
there is nothing normal
all that i have is a moments peace
what's wrong with a little comfort
relaxing between life's battles
how come when you look closely
you see through the quiet
it doesn't have to be that way
for you, for me, for the couple
that has not yet found peace
it would be better for everyone
if only we could find something
Normal

No comments:

Post a Comment