Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Tommorrowland?

At 10:30 at night on the interstate there appears to be no appreciable difference between the traffic here and what you see on the Disney preview...except maybe no one from the past can fix this place.  

For those of you who didn't express a willingness to talk to me on the ridiculously long drive from the past to this place, I have to believe you just didn't care if I made it or not (perhaps hopped I wouldn't).  I was not alone.  The book I mentioned (The Swerve-Greenblatt)  in the earlier post appeared to be better than I thought it would be.
It was filled with pre-renaissance book hunters (Poggio found "on the nature of things" and rescued it from obscurity), de-frocked popes and the car was almost too crowded, you know what I mean, with Titus Lucretius, Cicero, Democritus, Epicurius and Hypatia.  Even though the book promised it was on the renaissance those pesky Greeks would not stay away from me (technically Hypatia was a beautiful, brilliant barbarian scientist, but falls into the same category as a result) and the car felt crowded, at least with my thoughts, rather than empty and it passed quickly, perhaps too quickly.   It was sufficiently filled with minutia so that when I rewrite this post in a more lucid moment, I'll be able to fill it with little tidbits on the origin of words and quotes that make me feel better about what I'm doing even though it makes little sense to me.

Tomorrow land is in the future, but todayland is when we will determine what Tomorrowland looks like and who will be there when we arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment