Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

The strange life of M

Started today as an extension of yesterday evening.
Beautiful weather yielded late in the day to thunderstorms.  Good thing I swam yesterday.
Work as a writer yielded to work as an attorney, yielded to work as a developer, yielded to work as a mechanic which yielded a lack of worthwhile activity.
A certain complacency yielded to longing for something that I don't have.
The Navy remains silent. but my optimism about things with or without them seems intact.
Occasionally, my optimism yields to pessimism about other things.
My optimism about the immediate future yields to my concern with the future beyond the immediate which yields to my outright unhappiness about the moments that go by right now as the rain falls, reminding me that happiness can be found, if you only look for it.
The noise of the day has yielded to the quiet of the evening, the crowds and conversations to my two companions, loneliness and longing.
Yielding has its place, but must ultimately yield to action.


No comments:

Post a Comment