Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

the strange life of m3

Another mind numbing day, but every project I picked up I finished after a fashion. That is to say that I did everything that I could do on a given day at this time on what I picked up.
There was no one big project I did not pick up that would otherwise be waiting there tomorrow along with many a project which awaits my attentions but does not loom large.
Quiet, that is the feeling of the night, although the hum of distant traffic and of close bugs makes the night alive.  I wonder what you are waiting for.  What do you expect to happen if you do not seize this precious moment.
I am waiting too, watching the grains of time slip through my fingers like tiny sparks that fly between people in love when they are close enough.
I worked hard on the many things that demand my attention emotionally as well as from a practical place.  There was a lot of emotion today, people who were traveling that needed my support, those who need a place to go to sought my guidance.
I have to fill my mind with things that crowd you out.  There is always the pain waiting for me if I leave it room to come in.  There is the physical pain of your absence, the emotional pain of love, the pain of envy at those who share you and the pain of regret for every opportunity lost.
And things are quiet now.  I wait for news that will help set me free and news that will tie me down.  I wonder which one will come to me first and what course I will set and why you do not consult with me regarding the one or the other.
But the bugs are attracted to my screen and I have to sign out lest I get eaten alive which ineveitably I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment