Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

To Hawking 1/8/42-3/14/18 (pi day 2018)

So Stephen Hawking died today
AuT began as a discussion of Hawking's book on Hologram theory, 5 years ago.
A blog posted in this very blog on Sept 1, 2012.
It was always my hope that I would have the opportunity to speak with him about this.
I've written several posts where I used his name, but always in the hope I could get his attention
That loop will never be closed, and it is appropriate, I suppose.
AuT is about unclosed loops, infinite series and spirals, well not exactly, it is quantum
And sadly it doesn't provide for universes where Hawking could live his life whole and healthy
Its just his one, very rich, very cruel solution
Where everyone pays the same fare in the same way at the end
So try not to be offended if you think my theory beneath him
if the next book is dedicated to him
For he appears in person in over 50 of these posts,
indirectly in hundreds more
Bizarrely, and I did not remember this at all
The first post was on September 1 of 2012, not quite six years ago
Not quite 7
7/30/12 was the first of the 2000 plus posts that make up this blog
And apparently a hundred more poems in another blog of mine
Out there somewhere
But the first one under this blog was 9/1/12 and the second on his book was 9/2/12
And the first Under this ironic title-I added (sic) because I misspelled his name constantly
Here included
"Physics, Hawkins (sic), Nostradamus self determination and why we can tell the future"
How strange that in a very different way, I came back there in 2018 with the book
"Science of Nostradamus" which I published just this month in draft form
A little too late to tell him, but not too late to dedicate it to him, perhaps
You might want to go back and read that post or you might not.
Around that time, a week or two later
there was another post which had this poem

Love is a candle that lights as it burns
when it goes out it leaves darkness
There are many ways to extinguish love
it may be drowned, ignored or run out of fuel
it may burn out of control
consuming everything in its path
it may grow to surround one life
and may never light up another
it can bring all the colors of the spectrum
or leave everything barren all in its wake

Like most of my posts
I wrote this one to someone else
but there were many which I wrote to him, those with his name in them
Often misspelled, more often than not, I'm afraid
And perhaps if you substitute the word science, or even knowledge
for the word love,
then that poem could be for Hawking too.
In a universe where irony is embedded (see prior posts or the books for more on this)
It is appropriate that while I am taking the course on the Higgs Boson
That Hawking would die, just now
Death for him, irony for me.
In a less cruel universe
Hawking would have died healthy
And we could have sat and talked about my theory
Even if he were just to set me straight
That theory which started with a book he wrote
And led to the first book I wrote on what was to become AuT






No comments:

Post a Comment