Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

The mad grifter 6

This is a work of fiction, no reference is made to anyone living or dead.

The AG drove to the white house, knowing what he was going to hear.
"Have you heard what my ex-attorney said about me?  They are calling me an interdic...unin..er...a co-defendant."
"Unindicted co-conspirator," the AG said and immediately regretted it.
"I know wat I have been accused of you idiot.  Why haven't you stopped it."
"I was told to stay out of it..."
"What the fuck!  I fired my prior AG for that."
"Please sir, let me finish.  After that I had to pick another group who I knew woudl approve me so I could at least pretned there was a fair system.  I have to face some scrutiny."
"Oh bullshit.  You need to stop this NOW!  Everyone knows you are a fraud."
"Its not just me, sir.  There is the issue of you interfering directly."
"Which everyone also knows,but as long as I do it in the open, no one can do anything about it.  Its political as long as its in the open and as long as I own the senate nothing can happen."
"But in 2020..."
"November.  And by November 2020 it will be too late to do anything."
There was a knock on the door.
The two men get quiet.  "M, your Treasury head is here."
"You leave through that door," the president tells the AG.  You did not see or hear anyone else, understand?"
Saying nothing, the AG, the most powerful man in the justice department, his head down, chastised leaves thinking to himself, "How the hell do I shut down this investigation without making things worse?  I need to come up with some suggestions other than just monitoring and reporting.  And I need to hid this since I am conspiring to interfere with a criminal investigation where I am clearly convicted and there is no way this will be safe.  If there has to a sacrificial lamb I am it."
The door closes behind him moments before the other door opens.  The Treasury Secretary enters.  He is smiling, but one look at the expression on the president's face and his smile fades.  "Oh shit," he thinks.  He has been acting to free his cronies at the huge banks where he was tapped for this job to avoid regulations and benefit from the huge tax breaks he partially oversaw.  Now what?
"I have to get you to straighten things out for me," the president says.  M thinks, 'that means I need to lie for him.'
"What is the problem, sir."
"You know I targeted the head of the Federal reserve."
"Yes, I have been setting it up so you can fire him, but whether the courts..."
"No, you idiot."
"Huh?"
"I never suggested I wanted to fire him."
"But I was...there were witnesses."
"No there were not."
"But.."
"Just listen.  You will say you were there and that I never said anything about firing anyone at the Fed."
"I...uh, of course.  You never had any intention of firing anyone, sir.  You told me as much."
"Good.  But there is something more."
"Yes sir."
"This downturn has nothing to do with the economic downturn, or trade, it is 100% due to uncertainty about rates caused by the Fed raising rates recklessly."
"Of course.  But the other news..."
"Is Fake News.  Got it?"
"Yes sir."
"Good, get out of my sight you weak piece of shit.  You make me sick."
MM scurries out.  He is drafting the lies he'll have to tell even as he leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment