Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2018

The mad grifter chapter 4

Meeting in the oval office

We're not being taped
How do you know
I had this private company come in and sweep the room the install this detector.
Ok
I made you attorney general for a reason.
I know.  And well before i took the job I said I'd shut down the investigation.
That is why you got the job.
You know of course that some will say you appointed me to obstruct justice.
Of course I did.  Only an idiot would miss that.
So...?
So my base doesn't care.
You're base is less than enough to re-elect you.
There are enough idiots to make up the difference.
Well, I can shut it down, but I cannot stop congress.
I control the senate, that means I control the judiciary.'
Are you sure of that?
MM is the only person in washington who is more short sighted that the public and he is so focused on his own power that he cannot see beyond his own narrow self interest.  He's as interested in taking power from the political idiocracy that runs the country.
You shouldn't say that out loud, at least not to me.
Why?  You're my stooge, don't forget that.
That is pretty harsh.
Your wagon is already tied to mine so tightly that if i go down, you go down with me.  Don't forget that.
But the House...
Is impotent to do more to investigate.
The voters...
Enough of them will do whatever i say they should do, they'll think whatever I tell them to think.  At least as long as I control one broadcasting network and that won't change.  I've lost little bits and pieces of it, but their audience is my base and they know it.  They are chicken shits just like everyone one else.
But eventually...
There is no eventually.  I need a few months, then it won't matter what anyone says.
You think you can hold out a few months even, for sure?
I will create so much chaos that no one else will be able to provide a solution to it.  I can turn to Russia, the Saudi's, even Kim and the North Koreans to support it.  Before I'm done gaslighting this country they will be begging for me to take over.
And me?
Yes, that's right.  Now you're thinking the way I want you to.  You'll be the most powerful AG in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment