Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2019

The mad grifter 7

I haven't been writing this story because it just is too weird to be believed but perhaps ill catch up tomorrow.   I can't believe 50 percent of the population is willing to put racism down as their single political hot button issue. Or maybe I just don't get it. It seems like it's time to match on Washington.  I'm not saying we should drag anyone into the street but I do think a public showing of political will would not be out of line.

M is on vacation with his admittedly beautiful trophy wife.
President is upset at you, his wife laughs.  She doesn't care.  She is in Cabo with her wall street husband, mission accoplished.  While he is something of a financial spoiled rich kid and a sycophant to the president, he is attentive and not a bad lover.  She had some choices, spoiled though she was, and his very awkwardness as a human being made him more attunded to her needs which was all she cared about.
M looks at his wife.  He adores her.  He decides to impress her.  Honey, I am going to call he banks to reassure them.  From his Wall Street background and meetings as Treasury secretary he knows these men at the top six banks.  He puffs himself up, as he talks to them, knowing the richest and most important men in the world will take his calls.  his wife gets bored and takes a drink out to the veranda.  One of the calls is representative.
Hi Mr. M.  Do what do I owe this pleasure on christmas eve.  It is clear that the banker wants to be polite but still get off the phone on this least business oriented day of the year.  Even bankers have families, the banker is thinking.  Doesn't this moron I see on tv flaunting his wife who is flaunting M's money realize that?
I wanted to make sure you know the government stands ready to help banks in these troubling times.
Troubling times?  the banker wonders what he is talking about.
Do you have liquidity for your business operations?
Our what?
You know, making loans, business investments, payroll.
We're the 3rd largest bank in the world, you really have to ask.
Well, great, carry on then.  I have other banks to call.
Click
The banker sits back in his chair.  An assistant had come in at his signal to monitor the call lest it be something important.  If I had had another second, the banker tells the assistant, I'd have told him not to call the other banks.  What an idiot.  I hope noone finds out what he's doing.
The stock market is beginning to tank, the assistant says looking at his phone.
The phone on the banker's desk is ringing.  It is a financial reporter asking his opinion on the "liquidity crisis."
He sighs.  Before he picks up the phone, he tells the assistant.  Tell my wife I may be a few minutes late, I am going to spend the rest of christmas eve until we close calming down our shareholders and answering questions from financial reporters.
So, how did you hear about the call with M, the banker asks.
The reporter replies, he emailed me and told me he had called the top 6 banks in the United states to insure they had sufficiently liquidity to make loans.
The banker sighed deeply.  It was going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment