Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

And now for something completely different

I am going to take a break from everything that matters as I am tired, hot and cold and surprisingly or perhaps not surprisingly, out of sorts feeling like a rug was placed under me and then removed quickly and that I am in that time between the realization that gravity is not acting correctly and landing on the floor.

I did a very rough recording today of "The last woman in the world".  I do not understand how someone whose voice is between Clark Gable and Cary Grant in person changes to nails on a chalk board and breaking glass when recorded.
5 minutes of that could be used in place of water boarding and the recording was 5 minutes long, which is another issue.  Do I edit it down or just play faster.

Unfortunately each rendition is completely different from the one before.  This means the final version will be worse or better based on totally random events but I seriously doubt I can make myself record it more than once.  I'm tempted to post the rough draft replete with errors.

I find my motivations have strangely changed for anger and resentment (totally unjustified) to a desire to provide a more complete explanation for my song, but for the sake of art I will resurrect the anger and resentment so that I can post the darned thing and get back to solving the problems with the universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment