Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What is written; plagues and speeches

I walked tonight
the moon was full
its molten brightness burned my eyes
I was blind to everything
but the ephemeral silver light
burning shadows into the earth
burned through the phantoms and fantasy
exposing what is real and close
it burned through the weakness in me
and showed the places where fear should give way to strength
it burned through complacency
and showed the weariness
it showed through the confidence
exposing a nervous wariness
it burned through the figment of my relationship
exposing who was supposed to walk beside me
it burned through the sham of civilization
and showed the hard primitive future
lit only by moonlight
I saw in the metallic light
the shadows of savagery to come
people hunting in pairs
i looked beside me
hoping i hunted with you

I have a great deal of discontentment right now.  I'm not going to talk about it, but I should have gone swimming and could not make myself, so the problem will build on itself until I have recovered myself somewhat; until I have gone swimming.  So you are spared hearing about that.   I will say the walk was real, the light exposed what was vivid and what was not and to be honest, after sweating when it should be cool, i jumped into the pool, just for a moment, cool with the nascent change in the weather.

I'm not confused about the name of that book, I mentioned, by the way
Journal of the plague year by Defoe.   A book tottering between fascination and the tedium of of a hospital record.
  I want to talk about the government of Spain killing a dog in the hopes it will prevent the spread of Ebola.  Is it madness or necessity?  Are we still just boarding up the sick so that the disease won't spread, waiting for winter to kill the fleas and drive the rats back into their burrows?

I'll come back to that.

I have three speeches to give this year, though its almost over.  One on professionalism this month, one on ethics and the use of copyrights and the final one, still uncertain, is to other writers under the very strange topic of  Flashes of Genius: Improvisations That Move Human Awareness to Higher Planes of Enlightenment and Creativity

It's not exactly the pitch I want to make, but perhaps something worthwhile can come of it.
Point of insight-3 that have to do with the creation of the universe, reality itself:


  1. Parmenides-taken to land of gods- travels "beyond the beaten paths of mortal men" to receive a revelation from an unnamed goddess (generally thought to be Persephone or Dike) on the nature of reality:
    1. object is to find a unity of all things
    2. illusion vs reality
  2. Newton with apple falling on his head leading to the math of motion which would be so celebrated that it would hold England back for almost a generation from innovative math until the students rebelled under Babbage.
  3. And then there is Einstein and me. Well, let's ignore me for the moment and talk about Einstein. An insight of special theory of relativity came to Albert Einstein while talking to his friend Michele Besso: I started the conversation with him in the following way: "Recently I have been working on a difficult problem, today I come here to do battle against that problem with you" We discussed every aspect of this problem. Then suddenly I understood where the key to this problem lay. Next day I came back to him again and said to him without even saying hello, "thank you. I've completely solved the problem" However, Einstein also said that the whole idea of special relativity did not come to him as a sudden, single thought, like a eureka moment: "Actually, I was led to it by steps arising from the individual laws derived from experience.
While only a madman would put himself in the same sphere as Einstein, I understand perfectly, lm (laughing maniacally). I came up with ideas through work, not just a single moment. And yet, when questioned by others about my theories, some of my best insights came from trying to put into words what I did or did not understand.
What then, is the effect of human interaction, the right human interaction?
That's all I can say now. I find myself unable to think about anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment