Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

enduring and abiding

The idea of enduring
is tied to endurance
as much as it is to the verb
that it modifies
does endurance just refer
the passage of time
or does it include some element
of overcoming some violence
as well as time and separation
to endure does not mean
to last in an environment of peace
faithful when hope is absent
but to last in the face of adversity
how can i endure your absence
the sound of not hearing your voice
the feel of not touching you
the sweetness of not tasting
the feeling of not abiding
tonight i walked in darkness
but i listened to your station
thinking of you listening with me
would you hear the same songs
the night darkened further
I thought of you listening
I knew you were gone
who could I share
the bittersweet music
blind to everything around me
clinging desperately to the sounds
my heart burned without brightness
regardless of my intentions
my thoughts stay true
unable to abide the absence
but my feelings endure

No comments:

Post a Comment