Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

dreams

Tell me your dreams now
that i can try to make them true
not the old dreams
that we used to have together

I dream.
Sometimes in my sleep,
answers come to me.
Sometimes questions
When I'm awake,
often times i have dreams,
day dreams they call them,
but they are rich textured.
Most people control their day dreams,
but mine are often like those in my sleep
often pleasant, usually nightmares
I have to wake up in order to stop them
from going to dark places.

I dreamt last night that I had received a package, full of things fom someone's death.  Somehow they made it to a large mall, under construction, crowded and full of shops.   A car was lost, where someone else, I think my brother, and I had gone to sit with someone who was ill or dead, I no longer remember.  I had a child with me and somehow I had to find the car, hold the child, who was falling asleep, and carry what I could from the loose bits of the package.  It had small statuary and some sort of china set that only had plates.  There seemed to be a dissassembled stand for the china.  None of the objects were familiar to me, but it seemed important that I take hold of them.  I would look for the car, which seemed to be in a different place entirely, a neighborhood, and then go back for the package to find a woman picking through it to find the parts of value, the clerks cheerful, but not protective.  I found a friend living towards one of the exits who volunteered to watch over what I carried while I went back for more, the statue of the carion bird and one other, other little bits and pieces I remember only for their bulk.  I think they might have been playing some game with someone else, perhaps involving rackets.
After returning to the desk I was given a cloak for the child which seemed very rich and valuable, the child being well mannered but very tired.  But on the way back the tunnels of the mall changed, the area was under construction.  I was only wearing socks and there were nails and other sharp items everywhere so i had to slide my feet before I put them down.  My arms were full of child, statuary and the like, but my concentration was down at my feet.  Workmen were present, but moved around me without offering anything, nor being asked.  At the end of this area, the place where my friend had been living was gone and the mall opened to the outside.
I awoke and though it was 5am I could not sleep so I got up to check my mail and to think about this dream.  I was reminded of another I meant to write about, it had a house I lived in.  A recurring dream.  In the house were narrow, claustraphobic passages that had to be navigated, squirmed through, to get to or from important places like bathrooms.   There were surfaces that seemed unsteady, at poor angles, without sufficient strength to provide adequate support.  For whatever reason, I chose to live in this house which was falling apart and large.
It is the metaphorical house that I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment