Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

NLC-predicting the future and the cyclops

I had pretty much decided I didn't want to look into the future.  As I worked on "what's next" I didn't like what I was seeing.  Perhaps the reason, which I didn't really see till just now, is because I feel if I saw the future clearly, I might see it without you in it.  LIke everyone else, I have quite an imagination (complements of a pre-ordainined universe), and I can hide within it, imagining that I am doing what I need to be doing and not being borne along by forces operating according to some formula fixed billions of years before the first apes from whom I am decended were born.  Unfortunately, my subconscious had other plans of me and last night I came up with a way to see the future more clearly.  Perhaps it could be called a "method."   I don't intend to share it right away.  Perhaps I'll save it for the book (unlikely) it might actually cause one to be sold.  And I don't intend to use it, by the way.  If I had access to more technology it would be a temptation and I feel that one day it will actually be pursued since it is a technique in physics and not at all mystical.  It would be more interesting and even more exciting if it were mystical, but it isn't.  Bland science I would call it.  But I am getting ahead of myself.
 I realized then, sipping the small cup of coffee I allow myself, half blind and decrepit as I am, that I had become the cyclops.  The story I have in my mind of the cyclops is that he was originally born with two eyes and gave one up to some god or the other in order to see the future.  The first thing he saw was his own death and lived the rest of his life in misery, the same general class of information that plagues me, of course.  My cyclops story may have had something to do with seeing himself being being murdered by someone else so he decided to live alone or perhaps that is embellishment.  I have had my cyclops story questioned before, but I don't care, it's my story and I'm sticking to it.
The way to read the future is really quite simple, quite elegant, even obvious in light of NLC.  It may, in retrospect, be obvious period.
  In fact, it has more than a little NLC in it, even in design and function, but it requires little, if any, acceptance of NLC.  It does require accepting physics, but if it didn't it would be mystical and not just hard, boring science.  NLC, at most, makes the concept more powerful or gives it additional grounding.  At some point in the process of figuring it out, after the broad idea was fixed in place, I decided it had to be something available to Nostradamus, at least in some form and that clarified the theory behind the process, for I figured out the process for doing it first before having a concrete idea of the science behind it.
Now you do not have to rush around trying to figure out how to read the future.  I've already written it up and must ponder it before I decide whether to post it or not, probably when to post it.  It is tempting to save something for the book and this (irrelevant, by the way) tidbit would be just the thing.  It is insightful, it may be useful, but it is more of a diversion than a useful tool at this point in time.
Moreover, it is something that Nostradamus could have used, although whether it could be thought to provide the kind of detail he is credited with in some circles is an interesting question.  Oddly enough, NLC suggest that this kind of detail is at least possible working with primitive tools, however unlikely.  And the theory sheds some light on how NLC works as well, not surprisingly.  It may combine with an earlier idea associated with singularity theory that you can find if you search for nostradamus in my book (or earlier blog entries) but it is a method and not a scenario giving rise to a method.
It says a lot about who and what we are also which is intersting and which bothers me quite a bit given what I want out of life and the convoluted way I have had so far of getting there. I waited 30 years before, but I don't have another 30 years to invest, it is heartbreaking, death of love, inevitiable that it is, is heartbreaking.  It is more than I can bear, so the idea of proving it is beyond me.  Nevertheless, the idea was good enough that I allowed myself another half cup of coffee so I could write this up before I went forward with my day, and the next post which I may never publish (you won't be missing as much as you may be thinking, but it would certainly give the Nostradamus bunch something to think about and the 'mystics' something grounded to ponder).
If someone wants to write a horror story about this (the Greeks got there first, of course, and perhaps they stole it from the Sumarians) then you can add to your story that when I was writing the actual methodology down my cursor skipped all around the page and I had trouble getting it to the right place long enough to get it typed out, but my cursor is always flying over the page and occasionally blocking huge amounts of irreplacable data and deleting it.
I want to emphasis that although I think my theories are "basically" accurate, that it is much less exciting than it sounds, less exciting than my failure to post it now would indicate.  If I win the lottery tomorrow, it will be with the same numbers I've been using for the last 5 years and so, perhaps, you will know it too.  It  does, however, suggest that the technology could be addressed scientifically and we could then, all become cyclops because it is unlikely that what we saw would be any more assuring than what was seen by the monster of Greek mythology who has come back as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment