Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Me and Paul

Paul Prudhomme died while I was in New Orleans.  When I was a child, we shared a city together in the middle of nowhere Louisiana during the summers.  The year I was born he opened his first restaurant there and closed it by the time I was one.  I assume my family ate there, but I was denied the early privilege.
The fateful year I came back to New Orleans, he opened K-Paul's. He's credited with almost bring the red fish to extinction and developed, but failed to patent, on of the great cooking strategies of our age in the process which left another legacy as an example of how not to handle intellectual property which can be used for patent attorneys until everything is invented.
He met the woman he loved in New Orleans, that sounds familiar.  How tangled life's webs are, not at all like the webs that are regular spirals of Archimedes and spiders.   Those of my life are the exponential spirals of Euclid that grow increasingly larger and out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment