Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2017

what part

what part
does god play
in a hologram universe

where there is nothing
for him to demand of you
that you don't already have to do

what part
does my love for you
play in physical universe

free of self determination
all of our hopes and dreams
designed far in advance

is out our job
to entertain the creator
who knows the films ending

are we all that is left
after some greater power
has left everyone else on the cutting room floor

perhaps that makes our love
something even more important
the part of the film the universe kept

does it really matter
if we chose to love each other
or if we are forced to love each other

my love for you
denies my free will
willingly denied so i can love you

what part then love
should we play for each other
and what part should we play for god

let god fill his own demands
the great director cuts his own scenes
let you and i direct our own love our own future

what part then poetry
that i write to you that i wrote to you
not to seduce you but to acknowledge you

the house i never painted
to whom i gave the only gift i had
i opened the doors separating fiction from the divine

only so you could look in
only to satisfy your whimsy
for you were never serious enough

what part did my love play for you
who toyed with my emotions no less callously
than the universe treats it illusory sentient inhabitants

you accept as your due
this little gift, a clearer vision of the universe
than anyone else ever gave with any line of mathematics

what part physics
instead you ask what part poetry and music
give me something more than truth, give me beauty and art

for there is little enough
that anyone can give in the form of truth
that holds the same power as emotion on poor flesh

what part of my heart
is enough to satisfy you
since my mind is not enough

how much can i torture my readers
who would like me to stick to the point
but who have to wade through my pleas to you

wonder why i bother
in the face of such callous disregard
of everything that is beleived important by my readers

who believe in clarity
which perhaps you already have
so that all you want in proof of that part which is love

No comments:

Post a Comment