Pages

Friday, November 5, 2021

Day of the dead 35, 9 days to the next deadline

 I was up at 3:30, gave up on sleep by 4; but I did have an insight that was worth writing down this morning.

It is almost 6 and my coffee was cold over an hour ago.

You would think it was the eye appointment that has me awake and perhaps that is true.

There were no coyotes last night which after the night before is strange.  It is odd that terrifying as the sounds were, they did not keep me awake.

I swam 1700 yards and walked over a mile and fell asleep early so that despite the early waking, I probably got enough sleep.  My internal clock is totally broken.

Today after the eye appointment, not too serious fortunately, i lifted weights, spent a couple of hours dealing with my prescription (6 days of steroids) and finally got home todo at least some work and went for a two mile walk.  It was getting dark when i cut through the woods to climb up the back side of the hill and despite having the dog with me i found myself nervous thinking about all the howling and how isolated i was even a half mile from the house.

It will get cold soon and dark even earlier.  The sunrises are still beautiful and i saw the white signal again on my way home today.  I lost another friend, at least i heard about it soon enough to send a sympathy card.  how difficult things are.  waiting in crowded lines the talk was all about the covid surge here.  I find myself coughing when i think about it.   it was a tough day in many ways, i have been up since four, fortunately i am not tired yet.

i need to stay up a couple of hours.  i can type here but i have other things to do.  i would like to take a shower, but the pump down the hill is being worked on and has no certain return date.  there are alternatives, but i need to save water and i took a long shower and shaved after working out in the gym.

waking early led to some insights which i wrote down, added a picture and was part of the limited editing i did.  there was some good outreach too.  its pretty weird and interesting to be the crazy genius in the wilderness.  how did i audition for this role.

How i missed you this morning, waiting at the doctors office, driving around.  The dead should not have to think about the living.


No comments:

Post a Comment