Pages

Monday, November 22, 2021

dod 49: boosters

It was very cold this morning, I worked through the sunrise, missing it for the first time in a long while.  Saturday I got my booster show (no waiting except to get it), Sunday my arm hurt so I went swimming, my traditional post vaccine tradition.  The plan was just to see if I could, then to loosen it up; but I managed to do my whole swim workout.  About 500 yards in someone as fast as me (I like to think the hurt arm slowed me down, but though it hurt I don't think it slowed me down) got in my lane and it increased the speed of the workout substantially.  After the warm up (850 yards), I moved to tie myself off to do the IM, both to make it easier (the arm really hurt) and prevent wrecks in the narrow lane particular to both the fly and the back stoke.  To be even more honest, the IM slows me down and it meant getting passed which I could not abide.
An old potential flame was there, someone who discussed going hiking and asked me about it, not really a pf there.  It would have been nice to go hiking, but there was a timing issue.  It was the last day of the gym being opened and then for only a few hours, so it was not surprising for the pool to be fairly filled.  That closing made me happier that I did my whole swim although I expect to get plenty of walking exercise and to do limited upper body work with pushups and such.  Hopefully despite the work, the cold and the distractions I will do some significant upper body work during the break.
I did not exchange any words with the pf, by the way, and noted that while her car was parked near mine when I left; that was also likely a coincidence.  I did think about reaching out, but I am not the stalker type, except here which is my space, just as the pool is my space.  The pool is closed for the next 7 days, I had 1100 intensity minutes for the week so exercise has not been a problem.  It will open on the 29th and I have, I think, another 5-10 swims to do before it closes again.
The short walk of the dog, well it was just over a mile, after the vaccine and swim was very very slow after I came back to the peace and quiet here which will be disturbed this week in a couple of days and through the weekend, or at least most of it, when I will be alone with my dog again.

I finished the first set of input of the edits yesterday.  I have three more documents to insert.  It is already 88 pages of writing and 30 of drawings with more to come.  The next step is in the claims which will be an incredibly thankless and difficult set of edits which will set the stage for the reorganization of the content and ultimately cutting it down to the few pages (100 and then all the way down to 30) that it has as a limit and that is after adding 4 other documents which are significant in terms of content.
I have a group in India which has offered to do a draft for 1,000.00.  I plan to take them up on that, I sent an email to that effect.  There is another group in California which made a similar offer and I sent them an email.

It starts with the claims, but here it ends with them too; being based on applications at this stage.  They will be a guide in what to include and what to try to do in a document which covers everything in the world in 30 pages.  Still no funding; but the challenges make the content better.

The music I hear during the day often has an effect and often the post has more to do with making a place for the song than the song does emphasizing the content.

The semi-operatic "Time to say goodbye" for example plays particularly well when up on a mountain with death on one side and an impossible climb on the other; metaphors to us.   Sometimes it is merely nostalgia or silliness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2fPkzJsMU8

No comments:

Post a Comment