Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2021

DOD 42-Bad will hunting?

 Up at 4 again, by 5:30 there were apparently hunters(?) driving up to the deadend where this house is.  Not sure what I'll see when it is fully light, at 6:09 the sky is still only red in the east.

It is going to warm up during the day and even in the evening for the next 3 days before getting cold again.  

I need to go into town today to swim, which I don't need or want necessarily today, and to shower and shave.  Soon I will be outside and walking the dog, perhaps to check out the vehicles which trespass on the peaceful loneliness here.



The sun a couple of hours after I woke up after the scary night.

I'll check the water to see if there is enough to run the dishwasher, probably a thing.  I've checked it and the two vehicles, probably hunters; there's enough water at my current rate for a week, I'd say.  If I push things, maybe two.  The dishwasher a few times a week, no washing machine, showers in town with maybe a short one once a week, water saving practices when washing hands, etc; water off to the garden; flushing normally (ew gross, but there it is).

I think with all of this the usage is down from 100-200 gallons per day for two people and a garden, to around 50-75 gallons per day with minor modifications to my lifestyle alone.  The problem is that the pump, 3/4 of a mile away down a hill, is an unknown.  it's pretty easy to imagine having to take that 50-75 down to 25-50 on Wednesday. That would be taking a day off the dishwasher and going outside which I have to do hiking anyway.

The bright side, I get to go into town to swim whether I want or need it or not.   That means picking up a few things I can use.  I'm anxious for the shower, still hours off (till they have the short open window for the weekend); not so much to swim which I could miss and not feel bad about it.  I may stay in town and work some, the dog has been walked and he could stay in for several hours although I probably should take him out again.  I dont' like the idea of wondering who you woke up with or where; we moved too far together for it not to be a problem and left too much unfinished.

I ran into hunters who were violating several laws and had the nerve to tell me that access to public land was restricted during hunting season.  Never argue with someone with a gun, of course.  I checked the law, just the opposite is true.  I wrote a lengthy note setting out the law, including gun negligence, but only sent it to the land owner here as it is not my place to cause problems.  I did want to point out that people would be around where they were hunting; but we will see.  They were also sighting game across a maintained road which is also illegal and maybe even with 175 feet of the dwelling where I live in obscurity besides them. I printed out the note in case I run into him again.

I did my tied off swim, did around 2000 yards with 1200 im in terms of strokes, but it is much easier to do it tied off.  Then I got my steps in with the dog, my shoulders hurt and my heart hurts worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment