Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2021

DOD 48 Down from the mountains

I did a long hike.

I crawled (crawled not walked) to the top of the boulder on the far left.  It was terrifying. This is about where I turned around.  It was surprisingly warm in the valley, cold on top of the mountain.
I drove through a ghost town to get here and met someone who I thought might be important for some reason, the daughter of ghosts, older now and living in a museum which had once been a schoolhouse and before that perhaps the ancestral family home.
There was a reconstructed (more accurately relocated) fort attesting to the twisted history of this place, which became safe for everyone except those who originally lived here.

I know the question on everyone's mind and yes, I am drinking more coffee here.  I am not under the same pressure; but it is there, just beyond my last day here when I have to face the reality which is my life away from this place.

Am I wasting my time?  I cannot believe it; but I am exhausted and my resources are exhausted.  I feel like the fight is against ignorance, prejudice and stupidity; against a universe which has given me so much but which will not allow me to enjoy it.  i don't know how much longer I can go on, so I have share what I have here, for you if nothing else.  What will I be when I can't go on any further?

Is this the rest of my life?  Where did  you go?  What did I do with you?  To you?  Am I no better than the universe or those who took this land and gave nothing in return.  When I am finally forced to quit, what will become of me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNS7Typ-SZ8

It is time to get to the work at hand in these subjects; but I am not ready; but let me start with this and then I will move on to the next part in time.

What do these articles have to do with my work:

No comments:

Post a Comment