Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

coffee-49

I put the title of each of these coffee posts in the day before I write them as soon as the last one is posted.
If the Chinese don't come after me, I'm sure the coffee grower's association will, eventually.
Yesterday was full of minor accomplishments.  Everyone is gone back to where they spend most of their time.  I was up so early that it really made the rest of the day one I could have written off, but I took a short nap and the addressed the mystery of the lawnmower drive belt.  It took some specialized screw heads (6 point) that I had rusting in my toolbox and removing a bolt that took some extreme measures (extending the socket wrench with a piece of pipe) and blocking off the blades (literally with blocks of wood).  It turns out that the washer under the pullywheel was either left off or somehow deteriorated over time.  I think deterioration is a possibility because the entire pully wheel had worn out so that it was big enough to fit over the bolt that held it on which was giving the movement that allowed the belts to wear so fast (apparently).  I ordered the parts.
I then realized that what had started out as a miserably cold day had turned warm, the online temp was in the high 60's but the old mecury thermometer said it was up to 74 and that's how it felt.  So I picked up the stuff that had been accumulating in the yard and filled the garbage can with it, including the leftovers from the high school football playoff game afterparty which, sadly, included beer cans (also sad because they left the empties, but not a single full one. Imagine that!)
Today will be too busy to write much, but last week China's weaponized economy was published so I have that behind me and in time for the presentation, although perhaps not in time to have copies to hand out.
I do have a 15 minute presentation layed out although I am not sure that I don't want to shave off some pages and it needs a lot of polishing if I am to entertain whoever shows up for it. 
I am not sure what I'll be doing in the evenings, perhaps I will pick up one of my other books that has languished.   It is a difficult thing, beyond difficult, to imagine those quiet moments.  Finishing the important task of dealing with my little corner of trying to save humanity has kept me busy when I wasn't at my day job so that I did not have time for rest.  I do not relish having a moment to have to face my thoughts which only creep out in my poetry.
I suspect I am going to be busier than I give myself credit given the deadlines ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment