Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

coffee-53: happy thanksgiving

Men don't suffer from broken hearts
I don't see the flash of green in your eyes
out of the corner of my vision
Like a half forgotten night
Filled with heavy rain and thunder
I don't think of the dark hair you have
Hidden under bands of light blond
I don't think of what it feels like to hold you
Or the fact that you say that I cannot
I don't think of you at this time of year
How I'd like to call, 'do you remember me'
Do you have what you want now
Is it love, family or freedom
Have you learned how to give thanks
Do you know how I wish I had
I already had a lifetime of things to say
And so much happens every day
Love can make someone almost scary
It is too strong to do anything by halves
I think of my hobbies and wonder about yours
Mine are writing and overthrowing governments
Yours are painting and music
I wish I could listen and look
without feeling my time is wasted
that you are doing so much better
But my heart is not breaking because I'm a man
and I don't waste hours writing poetry
that i will never read or send to you

No comments:

Post a Comment