Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

two sided swords

a peaceful quiet morning
alone can have different meanings
it can be liberating or lonely
most times it is both
I had to give up coffee again
comfort and addiction
the second day dawns
it is healthy and a crutch
now the crutch is too heavy
and my head is pounding
the quiet moments hold forth
i cannot relax as i'd like
the pain is too great
my soul is too restless
the sense of destiny too loud
there are too many rocks
that need rolling up the hill
there is always some work
there is political change
the fundamental nature
of the universe itself
but only one thing calls me
love is source of great power
it cuts deeply in ragged lines
each of the senses
mock its absence
the bird songs today
rattle like marbles in my head
where before they seemed sweet
the air is fresh and sweet
but takes my mind back
to other smells i miss
loss even in the sweet air
scent more than anything else
ties us to our ancient selves
the sky is blue with early wisps
high above everything
they beckon me to travel with them
to be free at last, mocking me
in the prison  i build for myself
mortared with crushed desires
heavy blocks of regret
wrong choices, lost opportunities
that allow us to enjoy
whatever is left to us
quiet mornings alone

No comments:

Post a Comment