Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

waking up early

everything should be as simple as possible but no simpler-einstein
the bridgemaker had this quote along with an article on waking early.
The combination appealed to me.  One of the benefits of insomnia is that you wake up early.  The article in t-b spake for itself.
I'll add my 10 cents (overpriced at that rate).  At 5:30 in the morning, 2 days a week, the pool i use is empty or essentially empty.  Outside it is still dark and cold and there is a hot tub that I have to myself to contemplate the nearby trees, the moon when it's up, the stars and the day ahead of me.  I can swim for an hour and contemplate breakfast and the day ahead while approaching the time when I would normally wake up.  The other three days of the week, other swimmers like me get up comparably early and ruin the peace and quiet of the pool; but no peace is a perfect peace and the night is full of nightmares and regrets as well as peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment