Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

22/390 deadline/apocalypto

So I fell asleep writing this post, well technically I didn't feel like it was done and I went to bed, but its the same thing.

There is another post from this date (in 2013) that looked a lot more interesting from the subject.
But we're attempting to do something else, get rid of all the old posts.  It's still at or over 340; I could check and see, but why bother?

Today I dealt with the larger outstanding expenses I had to deal with which left me feeling played out.  That being  said, it was not a total loss as a day.

I was able to successfully figure out how to deal with the science problem with one of the two large grants which are nearly finished.  Essentially I figured out how the Li in the Li battery does its thing; something which I had largely figured out, but there was a twist which was quite unexpected.  This means there are two different very real, very applicable grants which would not only take me to the end of the year; but which are already largely worked out theories.  Essentially, it means I'm certain to be able to do what I set out to do for each of them

This was actually a pretty significant undertaking; explaining something which I had partially figured out but which once fully explained was surprisingly insightful.  It also meant that the work which was such a drag over the weekend came in very handy.

Tomorrow, I have to deal with the rejection and get the budget information where it belongs and find whatever budget justification I have so I can match it to these new undertakings.  This means getting deep into the dark underbelly of government online accounting; but I have some help and if I can get it done next week as I expect; I can put two of these undertakings completely to bed and still have a couple of weeks to finish the others.  The one group giving me the most encouragement has been largely silent; but I feel good about things.

There was no room at the gym and I didn't have the energy to see if I could get in anyway; so I cleaned my office, something that needed to be done a while back; but with the limited traffic; it wasn't noticeable; but it smells like pine now and its done; although I plan to do a little more surface cleaning over the next few days.

So much for the minutia of the day.  I had a conversation about how to get a covid shot; unfortunately it did not sound legitimate to me; although it did sound like it would work.   The problem is that you can get a surplus shot; but if you do you take the chance of becoming a pariah.  So you let the shots get thrown away instead?  I guess that is the question.

 I hate the way things are right now, the limits on motion the waiting, the problems with others who have attention and funding while I languish with better science but without the assistance I need to move forward.  Of course, I am light years ahead of where I was 5 years ago, scientifically light years ahead of where I was 12 months ago.  It is still so exhausting.

This morning at 5 am I imagined life without you as being better than the alternative for the first time, I think ever.  It wasn't a pleasant view of life, mind you; more of a look into perceived faults.  Sometimes it is impossible to see the possibility of fault in someone else.  The feeling fades, but leaves a strange aftertaste of memory.  Probably the result of being up at 4:30 am.  Now I just think it would be fun to see how those potential faults would offset the more pleasant aspects.  Perhaps it is the start of healing.

Speaking of the type of longing that leads to my science; I addressed this in an interesting way, I said that empirical knowledge was decades ahead of theory and this science brought the theory up to date.  The work on semi-conductors I did makes me think that is probably true now.

But my coffee is ready and today looks to be unpleasant in many respects.

one of 2 6/7/2013 Tech follows manufacturing from USA to China-BG Wang
In China, an Empire Built by Aping Apple http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/05/business/global/in-china-an-empire-built-by-aping-apple.html

No comments:

Post a Comment