Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

5 Courage

I've skipped the coffee series for more of these numbered and republished poems. I seem to be adding two for each one that is numbered but that is your fault love who burns hotly and obscures logic with these clouds of words

Life is a series of opportunities
to live with fear
or act with courage
the choice recurs daily

I saw something brave
I saw someone in love
take a stand for pride
walked away

What choices are made
some made out of courage
others made in fear
what if they were different

What was I willing
to give up for you
and you for me
fear or courage

fear of patience
courage not to wait
action before thought
or love before action

both have shared
both have seen
both have loved
and we have lied

lied for love
and lies for fear
honestly spoken
as a show of courage

events are played out
having been written
in fear or courage
only we change

the past is our cage
the future is freedom
we cannot change past
unless we can change time

brave enough to reject
feelings of love
you think an illusion
courage to kill it

the stake is driven
into love's heart
The courage was there
to jump on the sword

Time will heal
a false love
but will anything
repair the pieces

but crippling time
doesn't cripple courage
which you have
and I must learn

No comments:

Post a Comment