Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2020

day 378, 0 and still no word...A grifter in the whitehouse-russian interference

Still no word, how odd.  Today being the last day, I am troubled by what that means.
I may post twice today, it being so early and thinking I am finished with this or perhaps I will just edit it later.  It is a quiet sunday morning and I wish i was drinking coffee with you.

I cannot say that I am not nervous about things.  I should have low expectations, I know the odds despite all of the support that I have gotten recently and I have many options now that I did not have 30 days ago and the science has advanced so much in the last 6 months, it is something entirely different than it was when I started, but this is important, if not critical to the future of things.
There are ways to dig deeper, but to what purpose?  Tomorrow will be soon enough for those things.
At least I hope tomorrow will be soon enough.

Here's a joke to make your life easier, "What did the fish say when it ran into a brick wall?"
Don't think that I haven't noticed, not a good luck, you're right no matter what, or even a you will make it through this.  Good luck to you, you are right no matter what and you'll make it through this, at least till you don't because we don't make it through everything.
"Dam."  That's what the fish said.

It is early.   The day has dawned, or pre-dawned, grey and not as cold.
Tomorrow is the winter solstice.
I should be too nervous to notice such things, but the coffee today tastes delicious.

The rec center is closed today, so there's that excuse not to worry about swimming.

Here's a bit from a year ago.  Funny how applicable it is today, but nothing about the virus that ended up shaping what we're doing.
I could add this:
Here's the 3-d chess trump's playing. 1) he creates chaos with the virus by encouraging its spread, everyone is so distracted by the chaos he can do whatever he wants. The russian hacking and misdirection just aids things.
2) he steals 600 million from the RNC campaign funds and 200 million from his followers with his own political campaign, 3) he tries to use his fanatical followers to seize power including the two dumbest politicians in congress, both from Alabama, I'm embarrassed to say. More chaos. If he loses, he knows that people will be so relieved to get rid of him that he can do whatever he wants. The fanatics ignore the clear reality because there is no way for them to otherwise admit how gaslighted they were; ensuring he has enough support to limit his exposure. The only loss is the dead people, the cratered economy and businesses and the owners of them and he doesn't care about them.
I'm not sure what I was planning here, almost certainly writing; but like the short story I am working on, I'm not sure where I want to go with this.  My mind is on the deadline that is today and the lack of news and the uncertainty of an already uncertain future.

Puty, the Russian dictator/Primier walked through the rain with his security detail.
It was a gloomy setting but he was smiling.  He arrived at the Brazilian port and was waved by another security detail who knew he was coming onto an ocean going yacht that was large enough to be a small cruise ship, but with sleek lines.  There was a helipad with a full sized Anset tied down.
 Oleg Deripaska Oleg Deripaskadown.  Putin ignored the distractions and was waved into a room where a heavy set elderly man reclined with two girls, neither of whom could have seen their 20th birthday.  
Putin!  How happy I am to see you.  Can I get you a drink?  A hooker?
A drink for now Oleg.  You are well?
I hope I am, Oleg said.  He told one of the girls to get a vodka and ice which was served in a fine crystal glass with OD stenciled into the glass.
How is our little dog?
He is under control.  The sanctions will be lifted.
You are sure?  Oleg leaned forward.  
I am sure.
But congress.  
Congress must not object, that is true.  But they are all cowed by this man to whom they have sold their souls.
We have the president as a russian asset!  It is unbelievable.
The coo of a lifetime, Putin said, but he was not happy.
What is wrong my old friend.  It is an accomplishment that no one would have believed possible.  The Manchurian...no the Kremlin Candidate.
Ahh, if only we were still the soviet union.  I could take all of Europe, perhaps China also.
And why can you not?
Because we are weak.   We have the army, but do our people have the resolve to carry it out?  
But surely it is worth a try.
Not yet, we must weaken NATO to the point they cannot offer resistance enough to turn the stomachs of our infantry who will be killing people indiscriminately, but not without taking their own losses.
And can you do this?
Already our puppet is trying, although we must further weaken his opponents in Congress.
The democrats?
Them, but also those who have a shred of patriotism, although they are all so desperately attached to the government teat that they will do anything to get reelected.  That is the problem.
To get them re-elected?
No, to get our idiot in office reelected.  4 more years and we will have weakened the United States and its alliances to the point where we can do anything we want.
Can we do that?
Yes.
You seem so certain.
I do, because he has seen to it that the government has ignored what we did before.  The republican party has turned a blind eye to this because they know we will get them elected...if...
If what.
If they do what the grifter asks.
And why does he do this?  Because you promise him money?
Ha!  That is a small thing.  I have only offered him the most vague of promises, like the hotel that he believes we will pay for.
The one in moscow. Did you offer...
Why build it?  Do you want to launder money in Russia?  At that they both laugh.
Then why, Oleg says throwing a hand over one of the young girls and squishing her breast, making her gasp.
Because he is immaturely drawn to my power.  He is so transparent and so stupid and so vain, he would do whatever I ask even without the vague promises.  It is almost too easy.  He hides our conversations from his own government.
It is hard to believe.
There was no one with him when we met.  Not even a translator except for the one I brought.
Incredible.  You cannot be serious.
It is true.
It worries me.
Why Oleg.  Why does that worry you.
If he is truely that stupid, he may harm us by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment